The Top Ten Reasons NYC Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg Should Grant the Holiday Wish for Marx Brothers Place:
10. It might get Woody Allen to drop his bid to run against the Mayor in '09 !
9. Free supply of Groucho glasses for life !
8. It would guarantee the Mayor a cameo in the new PBS documentary on the Marx Brothers.
7. Chico would finally call-off da boyz from da hood !
6. Folks might start believing the Mayor actually has both a heart & a sense of humor.
5. After the meltdown on Wall Street, all we've got left is the entertainment industry.
4. If they were good enough for Salvador Dali, T.S. Eliot & Harry Truman, who's this Bloomberg guy to stand in the way of the Marx Brothers ?
3. A cottage industry of Marx Brothers memorabilia could single-handedly underwrite the completition of the 2nd Avenue subway.
2. It will give people something to smile about this holiday season !
And the Number One Reason the Mayor Should Grant this Holiday Wish for Marx Brothers Place:
1. Because We The People said so !
Please help us inspire NYC Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to use his considerable influence over the NY City Council - to honor the legacy of the world's greatest comic geniuses and NYC's cultural heritage by co-naming the Marx Brothers' childhood block - Marx Brothers Place !
YOU can help make this happen by clicking on this link: http://the-marx-brothers-place-report.blogspot.com/2008/12/all-we-want-for-christmas.html and cutting & pasting & sending the message to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with a copy to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) TODAY !
Please make sure the Subject Line of your email reads: Marx Brothers Place !
Or just call the Mayor @ 212.788.2958 or 212.788.3245 and ask him to get everybody on board to grant this holiday wish for Marx Brothers Place !
And while we're at it, please don't forget to click on this link: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?coname&1 so that YOU can sign the petition to co-name the block Marx Brothers Place !
Many thanks for your continued interest in historic Marx Brothers Place !